Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is CJ Conn and I was born in Orange, California. I moved to Mobile about 15 years ago to be near my grandparents. I graduated from Baker High School, so naturally my first college choice was South. South is a great school with an outstanding education program. My interests include watching movies, working, and hanging out with friends. My family is relatively normal, meaning that we bicker and argue, but somehow still love each other.

The idea of becoming a teacher never crossed my mind until my senior year of high school as I was deciding on what college to attend. There were so many options for majors, but I just couldn't decide what I wanted to be. Should I become a doctor or nurse? Go into foreign languages? Maybe do marine biology? Finally, one day it clicked: I should become a math teacher. It seemed so simple after this realization. I always excelled in math and even tutored some friends in high school. So, since I loved math and helping others, and this was just the major for me. After I graduate from South, I hope to be a high school level math teacher in the Mobile area and hope that I will teach calculus or pre-calculus to my future students.
Math is Fun
.

No comments:

Post a Comment