Saturday, January 18, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

I was dreading coming into this class. I had heard frightening recollections about the workload and the amount of time spent on completing these projects. I feared that it would be impossible to complete all of this work in the time allotted and that I would end up failing the course. Another concern I had about EDM310 was that my lack of technological competence would hold me back from being able to do my work. This class is completely different from all of the classes I have ever taken at South, and even in high school. Normally, the teachers just reiterate facts or equations for the students to memorize and eventually spit back out on a test, while EDM310 seems to provide students with the ability to learn how to complete these tasks all on their own. The hardest task I will have is whether or not I will be able to complete the projects we are assigned because I am not technologically literate. The only way I will be able to fix this problem is to seek help when I need it most. Lastly, I have no unanswered questions at the moment, so I hope to eventually complete this course and come out at the finish line with an 'A.'

Computers are so hard to use

3 comments:

  1. "...because I am not technologically literate." Nor are most of your classmates, even though they think they are. Classes are supposed to be for learning. If you already know something, why take the course. Just to get a grade? That is the trouble with education today. Students want grades. They do not see the point in learning. Educators have caused that to happen. Shame on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had all the same fears and concerns! And I heard all of the same things about this class too. Do you think you've gotten more of the hang of it since the first day of class?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The only way I will be able to fix this problem is to seek help when I need it most." Utilize the lab as much as possible and don't be afraid to ask questions! We are here to help you!

    Don't get too far behind. If you do miss an assignment, don't get behind with rest of the assignments trying to get caught up.

    Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete